Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day One- Toronto to Whistler

Wow, what a busy day and we are just getting started!

It was an early morning with a wake up call at 5 am. Up and out the door by 5:30.
The Toronto airport was really busy for 7am. Long line ups and thirty minutes to get through security, we arrived at our gate just as they were about to finish boarding.

The flight was very boring, 5 long hours, but Stuie and I got our own seat.

Thanks to my friend Heather, I got to do something I have never done before!! Check out the picture of me with the pilot; pretty cool eh? He let me sit in the copilot seat and showed me some of the buttons. It was very exciting!
Upon our arrival in Vancouver we were greeted by our good friend Lori. She is letting us stay with her in her cabin up at Whistler. We spent the day in Van seeing a few sites, shopping and visiting some of Heather friends. Vancouver is not like Guelph or Toronto at the moment. You don't even need a jacket. It is warm, sunny and the grass is very green! The flowers have already started to bloom.
Heather and I packed up the car and headed up the "Sea to Sky" Highway. It was a very nice drive. Heather put on my music so we could have a 'sing song' all the way up.
Heather got her volunteer uniform today. She got two shirts, a vest, hat, jacket and snow pants. I'm almost too excited to sleep right now, but we have another early morning followed by a busy day.
See you guys tomorrow,
Pip and Heather

5 comments:

  1. Hey Heather and Pip,
    Best blog so far, I'm already having a good lauph. I LOVE YOU VOLUNTEER OUTFIT, very snazy.
    I'm so happy to follow your trip. I hope you guys have the best time EVER. Oliver say "Hi Auntie Heather in the computer". We love you and miss you already!
    Kiera, 300 & Olly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love the blog - keep up the great work Pip! Thanks for adding pictures of my Aunt Heather - I miss not seeing her on TV so this is the next best thing! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures. Miss You.
    Love Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,
    I'm SO happy to hear from you!! Olly, the outfit is VERY nice, it brings out the blue in my eyes. I knew your mom would like it and make a comment. It will be a great jacket for me to wear this spring when I come down and hang out with you in Ottawa.
    Lots of love,
    Auntie Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Izabella,
    Happy to see that you got your mom on the internet and right onto the blog! I'm glad you miss seeing me on TV, it will make my return that much better!
    I'm off to my first day of training. The bus I was supposed to take no longer runs (Only for Feb Olympics) So traveling to Whistler is about to get interesting!
    xoxo
    Auntie Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! Great job on the blog! You're making us all proud! Way to go!!! Keep blogging and keeping us updated! Enjoy your experience and make sure you come home safely!
    xo
    Kathy and baby girl

    ReplyDelete